Everyone has their favorite cut of steak and mine is Rib-eye. I love it because it has all the marbling and the fat on the outside. It is so tender and succulent when you cook it and don’t forget about the love affair with the bone after its done with all the seasoning and juices you can lavish in! My recipe will have you wiggling your toes in happiness in part to the brown sugar which just sets it off. It’s that touch of sweetness at the end that is pure sweet and savory bliss in your mouth!
Grilled Steak with Brown Sugar
2 Person Meal
2 Bone in Rib-eye Steaks (about 1/2 inch thickness not to thick)
1/4 Olive Oil
2 tsp Montreal Steak Seasoning, per steak on each side
Light Brown Sugar
- Season your steaks with a pinch of salt on each side along with the steak seasoning.
- Then drizzle with the olive oil and massage everything into your meat and set aside for about 15 minutes to marry and rest the meat before cooking.
- Grill your steaks for 5-8 minutes per side to get that delicious charred grilled marks and crustiness on each side. (I like mine cooked to medium!)
- When cooked to your preferred temp (rare, medium, well) set aside and sprinkle with brown sugar on one side (just enough to lightly cover the meat and start melting) lightly cover with foil to rest for about 5 minutes.
- When you take the foil off you will see the the meat is glistening and the juice from the steak and brown sugar have meld together and created a light sauce.
- Set on your plate with your sides and enjoy.
Note: This recipe can also be done under your broiler and in a pan on your stove top. Just prepare the same way and then cook accordingly on your preferred method.