Haiiiiii!!! I have not posted in so long it really bad. I am sorry because all I have to say for my absence is life jumped in and took over. With work, my kids, my home, losing weight, my granddaughter and life drama consuming me for a while so I had to take a break to take care of some much needed things that needed my full attention. Some bad and some good but everything is great and God is good all the time! Without Him giving me constant attention to my prayers and giving me love in my heart I would not be as strong as without Him. He has blessed me to see another birthday and be in good health, good spirits and truly blessed with family and friends who love me just as much as I love them. Now my birthday was a couple of months ago so that is why this is a long time coming.
I was going to have a party that I wanted to cater myself and have it in my backyard. The planning for this had started two months prior since I knew what I wanted and how it should look. Had my guest list completed, the menu done down to the napkins and forks. It was going to be a lovely evening then life happened. A couple of things came up that took away from my budget so I had to scale back so I re-planned it. Then more stuff came up and I had to cancel all together. I wasn’t sad and just said ok well it will be just a laid back birthday. My youngest daughter moved to GA earlier this year but came up for my birthday so that was wonderful.
But when you have wonderful friends and family, they get together and celebrate with you that makes the most special day you can have so a few girlfriends and my sister and husband took me out to dinner one night to a restaurant I love named Seasons 52. There menu is seasonal so they cook with all that is in season at the time and it is divine so the menu is always different. But those dessert shooters, whaaaaaat?! They are something all together different. All I’m saying is go and experience this restaurant its so good. I bought ingredients to make my cheesecake for myself and my oldest daughter looked at me and said ‘do not make any cheesecake!’ It was strange at first she wouldn’t tell me why but she was adamant so I said ok. But realized when we went to dinner when my sister came in with a Strawberry Cheesecake for The Cheesecake Factory yesssssss!!!! Omgsh look at the picture, my mouth is watering again!! 😀
Then the next day my hubby and I went out and got shrimp and crab legs and all the fixins for a seafood feast. The house was filled laughter, food and music. We ate and laughed and talked and my diet went out the window for the weekend at least. It was so nice and I felt so much love, just wonderful. The seafood was awesome I made a white wine Sangria and I was so full. I have a picture of my seafood feast for at the top with a simple recipe if you want to do it at home. I did it on the stove and you can too!
Food Love and Happiness, Stephanie
2 lbs Large Shrimp
4 lbs Crab Legs
2 lbs Small Potatoes, Cut in half
9 Small Cobs of Corn
2 Full Links of Kielbasa Sausage, cut to make separate links
1/2 Cup of Old Bay, more for garnish
1 Large Onion, chopped in 4 quarters
3 Garlic Cloves, Smashed and added whole
1/2 Bottle of white wine
1 Stick of Butter
2 cups of water
Salt and Pepper
3 Sticks Butter, melted
- In a large stock pot (big black pots they sell in the supermarket) and add all your ingredients with the first 1/4 cup of old bay and set aside your seafood, potatoes, corn and sausage for the end. Boil for 30 minutes. This is to allow all your ingredients to meld together and become a flavorful broth or stock. Taste after 30 minutes so you can adjust your seasonings.
- Season your potatoes, corn and sausage with a little salt and pepper then add to the stock and cook for 20 minutes or until your potatoes are cook through.
- When potatoes are cook through add in your seafood and the remaining old bay to season your seafood, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- After its done you take everything out of the pot and put in a big pan. Then pour some melted butter over it and garnish with a sprinkling of old bay.
- Put on the table and enjoy with some condiments by melting some butter and a cocktail sauce on the side.
*NOTE: A quick note, you can take a short cut by getting your shrimp and crab legs steamed with old bay at your seafood counter in your supermarket. Then you can follow the recipe, but put your seafood in the pot at the end for five minutes just to warm through and get a little of the stock juice and enjoy.